The amount of compensation that you are likely to receive from the CICA if your claim is successful is contained within the “Tariff”. These amounts are set by Parliament. The tariff applied since April 2001, amended in November 2008, and then again in 2012, provides details of the maximum levels of CICA Compensation Awards.
How much compensation will I get?
There are currently 35 levels of compensation for injuries ranging from £1,000.00 to £250,000.00.
If you also have out of pockets expenses as well, such as loss of earnings, the cost of medical treatment, etc. the CICA will pay further compensation up to £250,000.00, giving a total amount payable under the scheme of £500,000.00.
You may have suffered a number of injuries and the CICA will provide compensation for the three most serious as follows:
- 100% compensation for the value of the most serious injury;
- plus 30% of the value of the second most serious injury;
- plus 15% of the value of the third most serious.
Examples of CICA compensation awards:
- Minor head injury, concussion/impairment of balance/headaches – £1,500.00
- Facial Scarring (serious) – £11,000.00
- Broken nose with partial loss of sense of smell/taste – £3,500.00
- Fractured cheek bone with continuing symptoms – £3,500.00
- Broken jaw with continuing symptoms – £6,200.00
- Front tooth, loss of – £1,500.00
- Dislocated shoulder, with continuing symptoms – £3,500.00
- Fractured clavicle, with continuing symptoms – £2,400.00
- Broken arm, with continuing symptoms – £3,500.00
- Removal of spleen – £11,000.00
- Broken leg, with continuing symptoms – £1,800.00
- Broken big toe, substantial recovery – £1,000.00
- Disabling but temporary mental anxiety – £1,000.00
- Sexual Assault – £11,000.00